Working Principle And Design Of The Dryer
Reliable Solutions From Experts
Dryers are devices though useful, but so far not very popular. What does that have to do with anything? Most likely, with a misunderstanding of people’s main purpose and principle of their work. Dryer repair Bonita: what is the “miracle” of technology? The answer is simple – a device that can replace laundry drying ropes, folding dryers and so on. This machine will be especially useful for families with many children, when there is no place to dry a lot of laundry at the same time. How does the machine work and how does it work? We’ll talk about that below.
A variety of dryers
Proper care of clothes implies not only effective laundry, but also proper drying. This can be achieved by means of maximum wringing, by steam treatment or through hot air flows. Modern electric dryers make it possible to use all these methods, sometimes even in combination. There are three types of dryers:
- an automatic machine with a dryer;
- a drum dryer;
- a drying closet (sometimes with one or more chambers).
All three types of devices differ in design and principle of operation. Drum dryers are chosen by most consumers. This is what we will talk about next.
Types of electric drum dryers
To find out what electric drum dryers are like, you need to figure out another point: where does moisture from clothes go? There are two options. The first assumes the release of moist air outside, and the second assumes that it accumulates in a special container. On this basis, drum electric dryers are divided by the principle of moisture removal:
- condensation dehumidifiers;
- with a heat pump (advanced type of condensation).
To find out the difference between these machines, we will consider each type separately.
Ventilation. Dryer models with ventilated moisture extraction are considered obsolete. Although their design is simpler compared to the other two types. The principle of operation is that the moisture leaves the device through a special hose into the ventilation openings. Therefore, the installation of such technology requires additional installation work. This moment reduces the popularity of the air dryers among the consumers.
Condensation Dryers. Condensation-type machines are more practical. They do not require a special installation location, as moisture accumulates in a special container during the drying process. This container has to be periodically emptied of water in order for the device to work properly.
Electric heat pump dryers. This type of dryer has a cooling circuit in its design. It ensures that the air flows are cooled intensively, thus accelerating the formation of condensation. As a result, the drying cycle is shortened and clothes dry out in a shorter time. Read below about how the electric dryer is designed and how it works.
Dryer Design. Laundry drying drums have a fairly simple design. We will tell you what most condensation dryers look like.
- Control panel. On it there is an electronic display, selector of program selection, depending on the type of clothes, buttons of additional functions.
- The drive belt connecting the motor to the tank.
- Drying drum. This is the main element of the dryer, in which the drying process takes place. Most electric dryers have a backlit tank. This helps to keep track of the condition of the laundry and makes loading and unloading easier.
- Electric motor.
- Heat exchanger. In it cold and hot air flows through two channels at once. At the same time, they do not mix with each other. This is how the air is cooled and further condensed.
- Heating element (TEN). It heats the air before it enters the clothes drum directly.
- Ventilator. It helps capture the cold air and sets the right direction.
- Condensate collecting tank. It can be located at the bottom of the front panel or where there is a powder receiver in washing machines. It needs to be drained periodically so that there is somewhere to go for new condensate. If the model is connected to a drainage system, the condensate will drain directly into the sewer system.
- Air intakes with pile filters. They collect dust, debris particles coming from the air currents. The filters have to be cleaned at least once a month.
How the device works
The electric dryer in operation is like a machine. The main element is the rotating drum. But unlike a washing machine, the drum does not receive water, but warm air that dries things. In this case, the rotation of the drum does not exceed 100 revolutions in one minute. Before it enters the laundry tank, the air masses pass through the pile filters. The fan then guides them to the heating element. The air is heated by the TEN to a temperature of 50-70 degrees, and only then, with the help of an additional fan, it moves into the drum. After removing moisture from the wet clothes, the air is lowered to the heat.
Services that we provide
Book a Repair Appointment
You can find us here