How To Clean An Electric Oven
Tips For The Maintenance Of An Electric Oven
Cleaning the electric oven is probably the household task we like least. Sometimes there’s grease stuck to it, we have to adopt uncomfortable postures, we don’t want to burn ourselves. There are many reasons why we leave it for another day, and then cleaning it is much more difficult. The best thing is to leave the oven clean after each use, to prevent dirt from accumulating and causing damage. Don’t worry if it’s too late for this recommendation, because there are some tricks to make it as good as new without too much effort.
There are many specific products on the market for cleaning the electric oven that have a high degreasing capacity. The liquids that are applied with a spray or creams are the ones that work best, since they allow you to reach all corners. If you use this type of product it is important to follow the instructions to avoid unnecessary risks. To avoid damage to the oven and a lot of dirt accumulating, keep these tips in mind:
- Before cleaning the oven, unplug it to avoid accidents.
- Cleaning the oven when it is warm is much easier.
- Do not use sharp utensils to clean the oven.
- If liquid is spilled on the bottom during cooking, pour salt on it and remove it with a damp cloth when it has cooled down.
Keeping the electric oven clean is the best way to ensure that the food being cooked stays healthy and to prevent poisoning. In addition, a clean oven is a neat oven that will last longer. Before deciding on the natural product you want to clean your oven with, read the manufacturer’s specifications in case you find any restrictions.
How To Clean An Electric Oven With Natural Products
We can also clean the inside of the oven with natural products that offer very good results without exposing us to toxic agents.
How to clean the electric oven with Baking soda
Baking soda is very effective in household cleaning because it dissolves easily and is highly corrosive, making it easy to remove embedded dirt. To clean the oven with bicarbonate you only have to follow a few simple steps:
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with water to create a slightly granular paste.
- Spread the paste on the oven trays and grids and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. After this time, remove the dough with a scrubbing pad, rubbing it vigorously. Rinse with plenty of water.
- Cover the inside of the oven with a generous layer of baking soda and leave it to work overnight. Remove the remains with a sponge and hot water, it will not be necessary to rub much. Rinse with a damp cloth.
How to clean the electric oven with lemon
Lemon is a natural disinfectant that also helps to remove fat, so it is another natural product very useful to clean the oven thoroughly: Squeezing the juice of two or three lemons. Put a pan in the oven with the lemon juice. Turn on the oven at 250 degrees for half an hour. Remove the pan, being careful not to burn yourself, and clean the oven with a damp cloth. It will not be necessary to rub because the evaporated lemon juice will have softened the embedded fat.
How to clean the electric oven with vinegar
Vinegar has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it ideal for cleaning, disinfecting, eliminating bad odors and even giving a shine. To clean the oven with vinegar just follow these steps:
Clean the trays and grids with a sponge and vinegar. Make a mixture of vinegar and water, three parts of water for each part of vinegar, and immerse the trays and grids for about 20 minutes to soften any fat that is still adhering. Then rub with a sponge to remove it. Make a mixture of water and vinegar in equal parts to clean the oven inside. Apply with a sponge and rinse with water.
How to clean the electric oven with salt
<>p>Salt can be used to clean all kinds of dirt, especially grease stains as it has astringent properties. To remove grease embedded in the oven you can take advantage of the natural properties of salt:
- Dissolve 250 grams of salt in half a liter of water.
- Pour the mixture directly into the encrusted fat and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the solution with a damp sponge and, if necessary, rub it in until all the fat is removed.
Services that we provide
Book a Repair Appointment
You can find us here